Recommended Education Resources – 4/6This week we celebrate the importance of PLAY!
Look at these 6 Benefits of Play. Play isn’t all fun and games – it’s also an important teaching tool! Through play, kids learn how to interact with others and develop critical lifelong skills.
- Physical – Active play helps kids with coordination balance, motor skills, and spending their natural energy (which promotes better eating and sleeping habits). Discover More!
- Emotional – During play, kids learn to cope with emotions like fear, frustration, anger, and aggression in a situation they control. They can also practice empathy and understanding. Discover More!
- Social – Playing with others helps kids negotiate group dynamics, collaborate, compromise, deal with others’ feelings, and share – the list goes on. Discover More!
- Cognitive – Children learn to think, read, remember, reason, and pay attention through play. Discover More!
- Creative – By allowing imaginations to run wild during play, kids create new worlds, and form unique ideas and solutions to challenges. Discover More!
- Communication – Play lets kids exchange thoughts, information, or messages by speech signals, writing or actions. Discover More!
Learn how to nurture your infant or toddler’s development through the power of play in this video from Zero to Three’s website!